Custom Creations

Woodworking to please!

Construction on the Thorsen Table continues…

Posted by oscorner on May 13, 2007

Well, I’ve got some more pictures of my process. I started assembly using the beadLock system. Here is a look at the mortise formed by it:

Here is a shot of the 3/8” tenon stock in the mortise.

I used a jigsaw to cut the pattern in the first table apron and then used my router to duplicate in the other three.

I glued up and clamped the front of the table.

My first problem. After gluing up the front and rear table assemblies I noticed that the alignment of my joinery wasn’t perfect. My solution to this problem was to take the assemblies to the tablesaw and to cut the tops even as can be seen here.

The next step was to clamp up the table so I could drill the 5/16” through dowels to attach the side aprons to the front and back assemblies. I chose this method because of the alignment problem I had using the beadlock system. I was the cause of the problem(lack of experience in using it), not the system itself. It’s times like this that I appreciate the horizontal boring ability of my SuperShop.

I decided to use 3/8” dowels to attach the breadboards to the table top. Here are a couple of pictures showing the dowels glued in place.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I have a lot of work left to do before my entry into the challenge.

— Jesus is Lord!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: